I've moved around a bit...always with the understanding that I should "bloom where I'm planted"...{Where GOD plants me!}...God has been gracious to my family over the years and we are most thankful for the latest {and dare I say LAST} move - to the South. These sweet people talk a little different, eat some good food and are the kindest people we've met during our little tour of the U.S.A. :) So what's a Cali girl to do in the South? Well, this blog is all about that! Thanks for reading!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Julie Andrews Song Comes To Mind... {Cue Music}

These are a few of my FAVORITE THINGS!

I'm not a collector.  I don't follow fads [on purpose].  My favorite places to shop are Target & Costco...but I've been known to enjoy a trip to Nordstrom every now & again.  I'm a simple Country Girl and these are some of the things I like! 



This is one of my family's FAVORITE WORDS this year.  SIMPLIFY.  Stuff, activities, busyness, whatever...just SIMPLIFY. 
This sign is on top of my kitchen cabinet as a daily reminder to do a "What's truly important?" check often.


Does it get more Simple than sitting on a PORCH SWING drinking Sweet Tea
(Ok, I'm not that Southern ~ A Diet Coke for me, please!).  This swing came with the house and I love it. 


I know I risk ridicule and being stereo-typed with this next Favorite Thing!  But don't knock it till you printed your first LABEL!  I use my LABEL MAKER often and I'm more organized because of it!


A new SIGN I got from Hobby Lobby.  I won't really charge my kids $5 for Whining...
but I'm not going to tell them that!  Sssshhhh...


Love these new plastic SERVING PIECES from Target. 
I use the small plates for appetizers ~ too cute!

                                                           

MEASURING CUPS from Pier 1.  So cute, practical and definitely help keep me happy while cooking. 
 It's the little things, really!


This NECKLACE is a favorite.  Not because it has Jewels on it - it doesn't.  Not because the Pearl is real - it's not.  Not because it was expensive - it wasn't.  This necklace is a favorite for what it says.  "Raising Generations".  Isn't that what we're doing as Mother's?  We are raising the next generation of people. 


 I have lots of FAVORITE THINGS!  But they are just that..Things!  My Salvation, The Word of God, My Family & Friends...that's what is truly in my Heart and for which I am most GRATEFUL!

P.S.  If you have any FAVORITE THINGS, I'd love to hear about them!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I have those exact measuring cups! People have told me about Hobby Lobby and I want to go! Let's go when I come out! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hobby Lobby is a definite destination when you come! I'm kinda surprised that Iowa doesn't have them b/c Illinois does...

    ReplyDelete