I've moved around a bit...always with the understanding that I should "bloom where I'm planted"...{Where GOD plants me!}...God has been gracious to my family over the years and we are most thankful for the latest {and dare I say LAST} move - to the South. These sweet people talk a little different, eat some good food and are the kindest people we've met during our little tour of the U.S.A. :) So what's a Cali girl to do in the South? Well, this blog is all about that! Thanks for reading!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

I Should be a Good Cook!

Really, I should be a good cook! My mom is a great cook...and she comes from a family of great cooks.  I've been married for 14 1/2 years so I've had plenty of practice cooking meals for my family...yet over the last 4 years, I stopped loving it {well, the cooking part of it...the eating part was fine...}.  Until NOW.  It started over the summer when I enrolled my daughter in a Cooking Camp.  She loved it and her excitement was the inspiration I needed.  So, fast forward to TODAY.  As I was walking through my favorite store I spotted this cookbook:  "The Pioneer Woman Cooks".  I was excited because I've been reading her blog for several months now. Waiting in the car pick-up line at school was the perfect chance for me to flip through the pages...and I liked what I saw. Good southern cooking that would be fun to make with my kids...and great to eat while sharing mealtime around the family table. Tonights Meal: Meatloaf  - PW style, Roasted Potatoes, Wedge Salad & Fresh Peaches . Karli helped make it and it was a SUCCESS. 

I know it's random to get excited about a recipe...but it's so much more than ingredients ~ it's about the end product - the goal of having my family sit together and enjoy a meal that I prepared.  I'm loving the creative side as well!  I've decided to do my own version of "Julia & Julie" ~ Only it's more like TN girl meets Pioneer Woman!  I plan to cook {almost} all of the recipes in my new fave cookbook...

That reminds me...my kids need to start doing the dishes around here > it's about to get messy!

Until next time..

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! love the blog and the recipe :) glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keii!! I love your blog!! So happy you've started one..YUM...I collect cookbooks!! So it looks like the kids and I will be stopping by Barnes & Noble and get this one...Scott will drool over this meatloaf :!!! There is also a book that just came out from a well known women in Nashville, where one of her older sons accidently ran over one of his smaller siblings?...I can't recall the name, but it looks so inspiring to overcome such a difficult situation and thought I could use some of her wisdom :)...Take care and thanks for the cookbook tip, my collection is growing:)..AND I'm SO glad you love it down there, it's an amazing place and most of it is the wonderful Christian people :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kel, You are getting me jealous of PW. I need to get the book! I love the blog and can't wait to see what you do with it. Find your favorite recipe and make it when I come out. I had been thinking that when I come out, I wanted to bring one of my favorite recipes and make it for your family one night if I could. So fun! :) Maybe from my new Southern cookbook!

    ReplyDelete